Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exercise and Crafting (but not at the same time)

Because I know you're waiting on bated breath...

I've been exercising on a daily basis for 4 straight days.  Two of those days I even had two workout sessions, adding yoga and walking/jogging at the indoor track.  The kettlebell swing/burpee combination is definitely a cardiovascular workout, and I follow it up with some Pilates.  It feels good to sweat out some toxins, and it definitely brings the mood up as well.  Only 17 more days til I've built the habit, if you prescribe to the view that says it takes 3 weeks to form a habit.

Things have come together nicely for me this month: writing daily, organizing space in the home, maintaining the organized and clean environment, exercising, waking up earlier (thanks to Daylight Savings Time returning the lost hour)...  Wonder what else I should add, as long as I'm on a roll?

Maybe I'll let the girls take the ball now.  Tonight we stopped at the craft store because Clara mentioned she would like to sew more.  We found all sorts of goodies that caught our eye, but settled on a hoop, some fabric and thread and a beginners cross stitch book.  Elli chose a beginner's knitting kit and a skein of yarn, though she was also sorely tempted by a quilting book.  I like the thought of us picking up our projects in the winter months and listening to a program on the TV or radio.  Makes me think of Mom, and all the many beautiful things she made over the years...  Afghans, sweaters, socks, hats, mittens, slippers...  I suppose it will partially be keeping her memory alive whenever we work with our hands as she did.  If we listen to the Waltons while we do, dear reader, I may have to have a box of tissues handy.


No comments: