Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A goal met...

The final blog of the National Blog Posting Month. I met my goal of posting every day in November--yippee!!  And my inspiration, my daughter Elli, met her goal of writing 50000 words for NaNoWriMo--You go, girl!!  It has been fun to check in every day and spend time expressing life in words.  I'm not sure yet how frequently I plan to blog going forward, but it's likely it will be more often than before forming the daily blog habit.

During this past month, I enjoyed more time at home than months prior, due to my henna business experiencing its seasonal slowdown.  I dedicated time not only to writing, but to exercising, managing at least 16 workouts in the month, which is a vast improvement to months (years) prior.  Some deep cleaning, organizational and decor ideas for my home were implemented, and I'm enjoying the changes, and plan to keep the ball rolling.

My writing and home energies have been met mostly with appreciation and supportive attitudes.  But one friend expressed confusion about why a person would possibly want to blog, and who on earth would read it anyway?  Furthermore, her opinion was that someone who uses the computer often and dedicates time to writing a blog must not be wholly engaged in living, and essentially, should 'get a life.'

Though I generally dismiss views from such an obviously closed minded place, this made me examine why I want to blog, who I want to read and why.  Mainly, I just love writing.  It's something I enjoy doing.  Will any of the world's problems be solved by reading my thoughts expressed in the written word?  No.  But I got to create, I got to think, remember, and string words together to express things that mean something to me.  If I didn't 'have a life' there would be nothing to say.  I have no delusions of grandeur.  I'm just about the business of writing and sharing.  Perhaps something I write will resonate with you, or bring a chuckle, or just bring a friend or family member close when proximity is not an option.

So I finish this my last blog in November by quoting wise words from the Dalai Lama that can benefit us all, whether we are on the same page or from opposite ends of the book:

"Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek."

Here's to happiness, tranquility, compassion and understanding for us all!

No comments: